10 Dec Benefits of Cyber Liability Insurance
Posted at 21:41h in Cyber White Papers, White Papers 0 Comments
When cyberattacks like data breaches and hacks occur, they can result in devastating damage. Businesses have to deal with business disruptions, lost revenue, and litigation.
It is important to remember that no organization is immune to the impact of cybercrime. As a result, cyber liability insurance has become an essential component of any risk management program.
Cyber liability insurance policies are tailored to meet your companies specific needs and can offer a number of important benefits, including the following:
- Data breach coverage. In the event of a breach, organizations are required by law to notify affected parties. This can add to overall data breach costs, particularly as they relate to security fixes, identify theft protection for those impacted by the breach, and protection from possible legal action. Cyber liability policies include coverage for these exposures, thus safeguarding your data from cybercriminals.
- Business interruption loss reimbursement. A cyber attack can lead to an IT failure that disrupts business operations, costing your organization both time and money. Cyber liability policies may cover your loss of income during these interruptions. What’s more, increased costs to your business operations in the aftermath of a cyber attack may also be covered.
- Cyber extortion defense. Ransomware and similar malicious software are designed to steal and withhold key data from organizations until a steep fee is paid. As these types of attacks increase in frequency and severity, it’s critical that organizations seek cyber liability insurance, which can help recoup losses related to cyber extortion.
- Forensic support. Following a cyber attack, your organization will have to investigate to determine the extent of the breach and what led to it. The right policy can reimburse the insured for costs related to forensics and seeking out expert advice. Additionally, some policies can provide 24/7 support from cyber specialists, which is especially useful following a hack or data breach.
- Legal support. In the wake of a cyber incident, businesses often seek legal assistance. This assistance can be costly. Cyber liability insurance can help businesses afford proper legal work following a cyber attack.
- Coverage beyond a general liability policy. General liability policies don’t always protect organizations from losses related to data breaches. What’s more, data is generally worth far more than physical assets, and it’s important to have the right protection in place when you need it most. Supplementing your insurance with cyber coverage can provide you with peace of mind that, in event of an attack, your organization’s financial and reputational well-being is protected.
Learn More About Cyber Liability Insurance
Cyber exposures aren’t going away and, in fact, continue to escalate. Businesses need to be prepared in the event that a cyber attack strikes. To learn more about cyber liability insurance, contact us today.
© 2017 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.