14 Apr Guarding against the Risks of Distracted Driving
Posted at 15:58h in Distracted Driving White Papers, Safety 0 Comments
The Most Startling Distracted Driving Statistics for 2020
- 21% of teen drivers involved in a car accident were distracted by cell phones.
- A teen driver with one additional passenger is twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car accident.
- Texting or reading a text takes a driver’s eyes off the road for at least 5 seconds.
- In some states, a distracted driving citation can raise insurance rates from $87 to $762.
- According to NHTSA, 660,000 drivers use electronic devices while driving.
- Men are 4 times more likely to drink and drive, while women are more likely to text and drive.
- Reaching for an object increases the chances of a car crash by 8 times according to the more alarming distracted driving statistics.
- Parents with young children are more likely to be distracted behind the wheel than adults without kids in their car.
- Once a driver has been distracted, it takes only 3 seconds for a car crash to occur.
- In the United States, about 9 people are killed every day due to car crashes involving a distracted driver.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.